- About Us
- Cottage Schools
HLS is an excellent choice for capable and motivated students who enjoy the challenge of learning. Admission to Highlands Latin is based on the applicant’s performance on a placement test, previous academic record, and family interview. The purpose of the admissions process is to ensure a good fit between Highlands Latin and the student.
To discover more about HLS, we urge you to follow these steps:
- Request an information packet online or by calling 502-895-5333.
- Attend either our Fall or Winter Open House if possible.
- Schedule a personal tour to observe classrooms, view curriculum, and ask questions.
Once you have decided to apply to Highlands Latin for your student, submit the following:
- a completed application and student recommendation;
- copies of the most recent report card and standardized test scores (if applicable);
- if homeschooled, a summary of the most recent courses of study;
- a $50.00 application fee.
When your application packet is complete, we will contact you to schedule a placement test and interview. When the admissions process is complete, you will receive one of the following:
- an acceptance letter;
- a letter notifying you that your student has been placed on a waiting list;
- a letter notifying you that your application has been declined;
- a request for a follow-up interview and a teacher recommendation.
Students submitting applications or completing testing after the deadlines will be considered according to the positions available in their particular grade level.
Your student becomes officially enrolled when the bottom portion of his or her acceptance letter is returned with the deposit.
To speak further with someone about admission to Highlands Latin School, contact Mary Lynn Ross at 502-895-5333 or email@example.com.